Any utils worth installing a GUI on a server for?

krad kraduk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 07:48:56 UTC 2015

Do you do most of the admin via the local console? If not dont run an
xserver on the box itself. Sure have what ever X gui admin apps you want
need on the server, but just ssh in and tunnel the X server from your local
workstation. If you are windows based, something like mobaterm makes things
very easy. Remember the X server runs on the box that you sit at that has
the monitor connected to it, not the remote server. I common misconception