Any utils worth installing a GUI on a server for?

Quartz quartz at sneakertech.com
Wed Jun 24 23:38:16 UTC 2015

Traditionally I have always run fileservers headless, with any
administration being done through ssh. However, I'm currently working
with a system that's somewhat overpowered for its job and I'm
considering throwing a window manager on there just to have access to
more stuff. Are there any utilities out there that require or really
benefit from a window manager that are worth installing one for? The
system's main function is a sort of NAS that can have usb drives plugged
directly into it, so I'm only really interested in stuff that would
relate to that: for example disk partitioning/repair programs or fancy
shells for messing with samba/nfs/zfs, etc.

(Also: forgive me in advance if this is a stupid question. I'm not
familiar with using freebsd in anything resembling a workstation role,
so I'm not sure to what extent the GUI software selection differs from
linux).