hard drive problem

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 18:04:35 UTC 2015

On 06/24/2015 10:10 AM, Joshua Lokken wrote:
> On Jun/23 04:51PM, jd1008 wrote:
>> does anyone have a way to unlock the master pword in
>> a recent WD 2TB  2.5" drive?
> Unfortunately, I know of only Windoze tools to do this:
>
> hddunlock.com
>
> Or you can try WD's tool, WD Security.

hddunlock unfortunately does not supprt the drive model at hand
and is expensive - not worth buying :) As I said in another reply,
drives are getting cheaper and cheaper per terabyte. Actually
it is the smaller legacy drives that are now rising in price because
they are no longer manufactured, and many laptop owners' computers
cannot host the new larger capacity drives.