FreeBSD community member engaging in online harassment

Nick Shaw nick-shaw at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 23 10:25:36 UTC 2015

Hi there,

I was browsing reddit today and saw an example on the front page of online bullying. In this instance, a girl who identifies herself as "freebsdgirl" is on twitter harassing and being extremely abusive towards another freebsd community member. She referred to him as a rape apologist, creepy abuser and creepy uncle. From what I could see he simply retweeted something by someone she didn't like.

The victim's name is Johannes Meixner and the harasser's name is Randi Harper. I was then led via reddit to a facebook post wherein he expresses his feelings, discusses his mental illnesses etc. She again hounds him.

https://www.facebook.com/johannes.jost.meixner/posts/839246119483473

She is announcing via twitter that your group will soon be taking decisive action against the guy, despite the fact he hasn't actually done anything except seemingly piss off an internet troll/harasser. It's worrying that she's using her relative twitter popularity to engage in witchhunts like these.

Here is their private chat log (which they're both spreading over reddit) - https://archive.is/9KGyX - as you can see her behaviour is simply appalling and she's an ill mannered troll.

I work in tech myself and had been thinking about getting involved in open source, but I have zero time for people like her who wish to defame innocent people (especially with the extreme things she's coming off with) and I hope she is informed that this kind of bullying, vicious, nasty behaviour is unacceptable and deeply not in the spirit of togetherness.

This isn't the first time I've seen this character harassing people who disagree with her, calling them disgusting names and setting twitter mobs on them.

Just thought I'd bring it to your attention. She's still inciting her mob on twitter towards the guy and spreading lies about him right this minute. I'm sorry I couldn't come to you with better news, but I hate this kind of online bullying. The guy does not deserve to have his name dragged through the mud by this troll.

Best,

Nick