getting ports updated on an older FreeBSD (5.1)

Christoph Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jun 23 07:59:30 UTC 2015

Am 22.06.2015 um 18:09 schrieb andrew clarke:
> On Mon 2015-06-22 12:20:08 UTC+0200, Christoph Kukulies (kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de) wrote:
>
>> I'm running a somewhat come into age server under FreeBSD 5.1 at the
>> moment and I'm in need to update to php5. Trying to install php-5.0.0
>> in ports results in an error message
>>
>> fetch:
>> http://www.t.ring.gr.jp/archives/net/www/php/distributions/php-5.0.0.tar.bz2:
>> Not Found
> You'll probably need to download php-5.0.0.tar.bz2 manually and move
> it to /usr/ports/distfiles/.

Although you may be right with regard to obsoleteness of 5.0.0 and my
5.1 version in general,
I'm wondering whether it would be possible to
run a 10.1 executable under 5.1 (possible link it statically?).

At the moment I'm urgently in need to update an intranet forum (pbpBB3) to
a 3.1.5 version and this requires a newer (>= 5.3.3) version of php.

--
Christoph