pkg

john.haraden at yahoo.com john.haraden at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 22 20:13:03 UTC 2015

(1). I have a work station with two Xeon processors.
(2) I have installed FreeBSD 10.1
(3). I have no internet connection.
(4)   When I tried to use pkg to make my system fully functional, the system declared pkg was not in the base system, I would need to fetch it over the Internet.  That is impossible since I do not have internet capability.
(5)  Is there some other way for me to get pkg?
(6)   Why was something as basic as pkg not included in the base system?
After all, the system is supposed to be self-contained?
(7) I tried to install my old version 5.3, but the hardware would not accept it.
(8)   Do I have any alternative to discarding the new hardware and FreeBSD?

Sent from my iPhone