hot swap: removing hard drives

Keith kwoody at citywest.ca
Mon Jun 22 17:43:27 UTC 2015

I dont use camcontrol, i use the mfiutil for the perc 5 controller.

When i pulled a healthy drive from one of our old dells i would use mfiutil to fail the good drive before removing it. But that was just in the lab for testing as i have no need to remove a healthy drive from a system.

Have not used camcontrol for a while now. Sorry dont know the answer to that.

Keith