fdisk question

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Sun Jun 21 13:15:56 UTC 2015

On 06/20/15 16:02, jd1008 wrote:

> On 06/20/2015 02:49 PM, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:

>>> Hi Bill,
>>> what is the size of the memstick image?

>> A touch over 700 MB ....
>>
> I have experienced this problem before myself.
> Basically, I had to manually take a look at the partition sizes
> of source and partition the destination the same way.
> The caveat was also that the source partition table area was not
> the same as the destination's :(
> So that wreaked havoc with what the firmware of the destination
> thought was the partitioning scheme AFTER the dd from src to dest.
> Someone showed me how to use the binary editor to fix the destination's
> partition information. Unfortunately, I lost much email after drive crash
> and replacement.

No problema, it is easy enough to just dd a new install image if I want
it, I was thinking of keeping this USB drive as a FreeBSD installer
exclusively, & just updating the files on it when required, but it's not
necessary. The disk booted & did what I wanted, so all is well. Thanks
:-) ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III