Realtek 892 recognized but no sound?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Fri Jun 19 18:12:42 UTC 2015

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 18:54:04 +0200, Athanasios Kostopoulos wrote:
> yet no sound from Firefox, audacious, mpg123.
>
> What additional information is needed for you to help me troubleshoot my
> issue? Tell me, and I will be happy to provide it.

Just to be sure: What are the mixer settings, which output
is enabled?

Check the output of the mixer(s) with

	# mixer -f /dev/mixer0

(and for mixer1, mixer2 and so on, as available), and

	# sysctl hw.snd.default_unit

so you are sure you're outputting to the unit you have your
headphones or amplifier equipment connected to.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany