Softlayer VPS: Loading FreeBSD

Jason Fortezzo fortezza at mechanicalism.net
Sat Jun 13 01:51:29 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 06:44:15PM -0600, Dan Busarow wrote:
> Checkout rootbsd.net
>
> I have 10 VPS and 1 dedicated server there.  Excellent BSD support as
> you might gather from the name.

I've had a different experience with rootbsd.net.  I've had a VPS for 2
years with them and the service has just been "OK".

 - They have a local SVN mirror but it's either out of date or broken
 - They don't keep their VNC proxy or backup FreeBSD server patched.
 - No local NTP servers.
 - I was recently moved to a new Xen VPS which has made PF unusable.

I've since moved to a new provider running directly on bare metal for
just a little more $$$ a month.

--
Jason Fortezzo
fortezza at mechanicalism.net