FreeBSD and Docker

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 11 14:03:49 UTC 2015

On 11/06/2015 09:10, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
> Hmmmmm .... interesting read. One of the reasons I am migrating to *BSD
> is the presumed absence of malevolent gov't involvement (*cough* SELinux
> *cough*), I thought the BSD's were mostly/entirely free from such, no ?

Pretty sure that there aren't any NSA agents in deep cover who have
managed to become FreeBSD committers -- not that I have any way of
telling for sure of course.

Certainly FreeBSD relies on openness as the best guarantee that the OS
we're shipping is free from backdoors, trojans and the like.  You've got
access to the source code and the build system so you can (in principle)
review everything you build and dyke out anything you don't like.  Of
course, it's a tall order to expect everyone to have the skills to be
able to do that.  Consequently, internally we're strongly advocating a
culture of routine code-review before making any commits, but
particularly to any sensitive areas of the kernel.

	Cheers,

	Matthew