Junk mail on list reply

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Mon Jun 8 21:39:58 UTC 2015

On Mon, June 8, 2015 4:22 pm, Maxim V Filimonov wrote:
> Recently, I started getting junk emails every time I reply to someone in
> any
> of the FreeBSD Mailing Lists. The messages look like the one attached. Can
> anyone do anything with that? Can I consult anyone to fix that? Why is
> that
> happening after all?

Hi Maxim,

from what have been discussed earlier about similar events related to
posts to this list I can say:

1. these apparently foreign (with respect to the list language) e-mails
appear to be auto-replies (by some likely subscribed to this list)

2. domain sina.com is notorious for these things (I for one consider it
rudeness to allow any auto-reply sent to mail list, as well as messages in
foreign language - at least I would never allow myself to do neither of of
these two things)

3. list admin(s) are more likely to be reluctant to block the whole domain
sina.com from this list (or their list server); I would respect their
decision, even though it is different from what I would do.

The best you probably can do is to block all mail from sina.com (including
that re-sent through this list) on your end.

Good luck!
Valeri

> --
> wbr, Maxim Filimonov