FreeBSD 10.1 Periodic Errors

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Jun 4 02:07:45 UTC 2015

On Wed, 3 Jun 2015 20:05:26 -0500, Venom wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> I reinstalled my 10.1-RELEASE-p10 FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p10 #0: Tue May
> 12 19:33:13 UTC 2015
> root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
> computer and now I get the below errors every time periodic daily and
> weekly runs.  I have searched the internet to try and figure this out
> but I can not find anything that talks about this error.  Does anyone
> know what I need to install or do in order for periodic daily to run
> correctly.
>
> /etc/defaults/periodic.conf: returning: not found
> /etc/defaults/periodic.conf: status: not found

It somehow looks like /etc/defaults/periodic.conf is damaged.
Have a look at it: It should be a shell script (sh syntax)
containing only variable definitions and comments. It will
be sourced by other scripts. Now what you're seeing there
looks to me like some comments got executed. A missing # could
explain this...

Check for the words "returning" and "status" in this file
and _where_ they appear. Anything suspicious?

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany