Upgrading libvpx demands bash

francesco scaglione scaglione.francesco at neuf.fr
Tue Jun 2 15:31:25 UTC 2015

---
On Tue, 02 Jun 2015 14:35:51 +0100
Matthew Seaman <matthew at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 06/02/15 14:03, jungle Boogie wrote:
> >
> > I've always heard the one per week. Do you know if that's only if
> > the port changes or does it build regardless of any update?
>
> Packages are being built several times a week now.  There should be
> updates something like 3 times a week, although that may be modified
> if there is some bad security hole or other problem having
> significant impact.
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Matthew

I had never thought that packages were a better option for tiny
machines like mines. But that could really be the case, since I always
fear the moment my Intel Atom has to update big ports like gcc, which
is required by...

# pkg info -r gcc
gcc-4.8.4_3:
	libvpx-1.3.0

ouch, libvpx again!

So, with packages, no more gcc nor bash, is that right?

Thanks for the tip,
Francesco