best options for a *WORKING* MTA

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Mon Jun 1 17:00:58 UTC 2015

On Mon, 1 Jun 2015 12:48:46 -0400, Aryeh Friedman stated:

> I have tried every which way I can find in the handbook and/or on the net
> to get a working mail server and the best I can do get the default sendmail
> to answer on localhost only (postfix seems to be completely broken).
> Where can I find a good *SIMPLE* set of instructions on how to set up a
> working mail server to accept mail for my domain?

Seriously, if you cannot get Postfix to work, and it basically works "out of
the box", perhaps administering to a mail server is not a wise idea. It
sounds to me like you will end up getting your entire network blacklisted.

By the way, did you disable and shutdown SendMail BEFORE starting Postfix? In
addition, do you even have a dedicated IP address?

--
Jerry