Sharing file between OSes with UDF

CeDeROM cederom at tlen.pl
Sun Jul 26 13:39:31 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 3:20 PM, Rod Person <rodperson at rodperson.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 15:10:23 +0200
> CeDeROM <cederom at tlen.pl> wrote:
>
>> Here is a nice comparison of UDF support. I was also wondering about
>> that some years ago :-)
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Disk_Format
>>

> Thanks.  I was fearing that FreeBSD was read only. OS X even
> newfs_udf.  Would how hard it would be to port NetBSD's version? I've
> maintained a few ports...but this one might be a little beyond me :(

I guess newfs works on a file, so it should be possible to port it
easily. UDF support would be nice, even as part of FUSE...

     The newfs utility is used to initialize and clear file systems before
     first use.  The newfs utility builds a file system on the specified spe‐
     cial file.  (We often refer to the “special file” as the “disk”, although
     the special file need not be a physical disk.  In fact, it need not even
     be special.)  Typically the defaults are reasonable, however newfs has
     numerous options to allow the defaults to be selectively overridden.