Freebsd-update question

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Wed Jul 22 20:54:51 UTC 2015

I just updated several systems with freebsd-update that are running FreeBSD 9.3.  The list of updated files includes the kernel and a bunch of kernel extensions.  However, after the install completes, I do not get a message that the system needs to be rebooted.  Since its a new kernel, a reboot should be required to make it active.  Shouldn’t I be told that?  It seems like I used to get those messages.  I rebooted all of them just to be sure.