[ OT ] recommendations for a domain_name registrar

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Jul 21 16:13:16 UTC 2015

On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 10:17:26 -0500 (CDT), Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> That said: the diagnostics on the side of gandi.net is
> bogus (you can not extract any information from that). Attempt to send
> e-mail to postmaster@[hosted at gandi domain] to clear the matters is not
> accepted, which is a violation of RFC (what is relevant RFC number?).

Are you refering to RFC 2142?

"However, if a given service is offerred, then the associated
mailbox name(es) must be supported, resulting in delivery to a
recipient appropriate for the referenced service or role."

For a provider of e-mail and DNS, the following should apply:

   MAILBOX        SERVICE             SPECIFICATIONS
   POSTMASTER     SMTP                [RFC821], [RFC822]
   HOSTMASTER     DNS                 [RFC1033-RFC1035]

I think this is what you should be able to expect from a company
that offers a non-trivial service as mentioned above...

Source: https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2142.txt

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany