[OT] anyone know of a GOOD Windows help forum?

Dave B g8kbvdave at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 17 12:58:55 UTC 2015

> > > While we're on the topic of VirtualBox: I've just spent the last
> > > week banging my head against the wall trying to figure out a
> > > Windows 7 issue in VB. Today I double checked my sanity by
> > > installing fresh on raw hardware only to discover that my problem
> > > appears to be a Win7 design flaw or something and not related to
> > > VB at all.
> > >
> > > Anyone know of a GOOD mailing list or forum for figuring out real
> > > system issues with Windows? In other words, somewhere that can
> > > tell me something besides the generic "disable antivirus /
> > > safeboot / re-install" "solutions" that are always thrown around?
> > > (My problem is reproducible with a virgin install, so either it's
> > > a bug or I'm crazy).
> >
> > A long time ago microsoft had it's own newsserver, but the groups
> > still exist on some servers, e.g. news.individual.de or
> > news.eternal-september.org. The hierarchy is long and I do not know
> > if you will find an appropriate group but it's worth to talk about.
> >
> > Sabine
>
> You could try this URL also. It tends to be more technical.
>
> https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home
>
> --
> Jerry

OK, so what is the problem?  Maybe I or someone else here can point you in a
suitable direction.  W7 certainly has a few "features", but most of them can be
worked arround.

We need to know what version of W7.  Starter, Home Premuim, Ultimate, and if
32 or 64 bit.  Plus, the salient details of the hardware it's living (or trying to) on,
CPU, RAM, desktop/laptop, make/model. etc...   (Not all hardware is equal,
sadly.)

Send that off list if needed, so as not to overly polute this august establishment.

The "Stack Overflow" website is pretty good, but can take some searching to get
past the kiddies.   Generally if you google the basic problem, such as "win7 usb
port power management" you get prety good hits.

Off list reply if needed.

Regards.

Dave B.