64-bit linux emulation

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 17:19:07 UTC 2015

On 07/16/2015 11:08 AM, Mike Clarke wrote:
> On Thursday 16 Jul 2015 10:58:32 jd1008 wrote:
>
>> Since we are on the subject of emulation, why not just use
> Virtual Box
>> in which to run Linux 64 bit?
> We'd still need emulation for things like nvidia drivers and flash
> plugin.

Well, Linux does not depend on Nvidia per se', right?
Even if you card is Nvidia, VB can use any of it's graphics
drivers which (somehow) talk to the FBSD kernel graphics
driver for display. Is that not how things are now?
With respect to flash, many sites are switching to html5.
The opensource flash plugin I used on Linux did not work well,
and consumed 150% of CPU :) :)