Snowden, NSA spying, hard drive malware ... what we need is a UN privacy watchdog!

Quartz quartz at sneakertech.com
Wed Jul 15 07:41:26 UTC 2015

> Mr. Lowell,
> It is YOU who is utterly RUDE!!!
> You should unsubscribe, or someone should unsubscribe you and ban you
> from the list.

With all due respect, he has a legitimate complaint here. This is a list
specifically for people to get help with FreeBSD, not a list for general
discussion about general computer topics. To make matters worse, you're
not even really starting any sort of a discussion or trying to relate it
to FreeBSD in any way- you're just posting random links. Complaining
about this in this context is not rude (however, replying to an off-list
message back to the list definitely IS).

> Hard Drive Malware is infecting all OS'es,

Except that article wasn't even about drive malware. In fact the words
'drive' and 'malware' weren't anywhere in the body. They just threw that
into the title as clickbait (a repeat problem with The Register).

Even if it was actually about malware, unless the malware was an issue
that was related to FreeBSD in some way it doesn't belong on this list.

>> You are voicing a mere opinion of someone who thinks he represents
> everyone else on this list,

I think you opened up a can of worms with this statement and invited
everyone to complain to you.

>that no one else wants to know about such
> important issues.

It's not like people live in here or something, we look at other news
the same way you do and can get this information the same way you can.

It's clear that general computer security issues are important to you,
and that's fine in itself, but this isn't the right place to talk about it.