pkg: Cannot solve job using SAT solver

Christopher Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Mon Jul 13 04:01:14 UTC 2015

This morning I updated my poudriere repository. Attempting to update packages on a client results in this:

dagobah root # pkg upgrade -f
Updating Vindaloo repository catalogue...
Vindaloo repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.
Checking for upgrades (184 candidates): 100%
Processing candidates (184 candidates): 100%
pkg: Cannot solve problem using SAT solver:
upgrade rule: upgrade local perl5-5.20.2_4 to remote perl5-5.18.4_11
cannot install package perl5, remove it from request? [Y/n]: n
pkg: cannot solve job using SAT solver
dagobah root # pkg delete perl5

No matter what you choose, pkg fails with an error: “Cannot solve job using SAT solver”

On the poudriere server I notice that I now have two perl binaries: perl5-5.20.x_y and perl5-5.18.x_y Is the issue here that I have two perl5 packages in the repo index. Will rebuilding the repo from scratch fix this?

Chris

      __o          "All I was trying to do was get home from work."
    _`\<,_           -Rosa Parks
Christopher Sean Hilton                    [chris/at/vindaloo/dot/com]