Questions about freebsd-update

jungle Boogie jungleboogie0 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 03:51:20 UTC 2015

On Jul 12, 2015 6:42 PM, "Quartz" <quartz at sneakertech.com> wrote:

>> What level of granularity would you prefer for freebsd-update?
>

> I originally started this thread hoping that I was just wrong about
freebsd-update, that maybe it was more advanced than I thought, that there
was a simpler way to do updates besides the src/make/install dance. It's
clear to me now that the situation is what I thought it was, so I'll just
continue dealing with it the way I always have.

There is hopes that pkg will replace freebsd-update in the near future.
Granted, it may not meet all your needs, but I encourage you to track that
closely and give your input.

For more details, see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br6izhH5P1I