Building TB from source code

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 01:50:33 UTC 2015

On 07/10/2015 04:57 PM, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> jd1008 <jd1008 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Has anyone been successful in building it from source code?
>> Last time I tried, build failed because it required versions
>> of packages that were of much older vintage than what was installed.
>> Too many for me to recall.
>>
>> Need helpful hints, how-to's to accomplish this.
> Use the port? I always build it through the port.
>
>> I posted the same question to Fedora list and it has been
>> so totally ignored, that I find it very interesting.
> Does Fedora have a ports system?

I have tried to download all the sources from mozilla.
I followed all the steps of building.
At every step I would get an error that certain versions of some
package(s) was/were needed; and such versions were too darned
old for me to burden my machine with, as my machine had much
more recent versions.