portmaster -af fails due to dead port - HELP

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Fri Jul 3 22:29:11 UTC 2015

On 07/03/15 17:33, Polytropon wrote:

> Definitely: with pkg this now works well for 99.9% of
> the cases. Both the system and the ports now support
> binary updating, and unless there is a good reason
> why you want to build from source, it's probably the
> way to go for most users.

I build from source so I can have something to complain about ;}

Actually I am a recovering Linux user that has moved to FreeBSD.

The AbsoluteFreeBSD book is great even if it is a little dated. Learned
much from it.
Poudriere is great,  when I get my raspberry-pi2 on FreeBSD it will
become my package repo as well as my name server and email server.
Just have to learn how to run STABLE/CURRENT.
It would be nice if the base system was also in pkg, but you can't have
everything.