buildworld, buildkernel, and devel/cache

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Wed Jan 28 14:46:46 UTC 2015

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015, Scott Bennett wrote:
> Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:
>>
>> In /etc/make.conf, I added this:
>>
>>    .if (!empty(.CURDIR:M/usr/src*) || !empty(.CURDIR:M/usr/obj*))
>
>     Huh.  The above line is not present in the installed
> /usr/local/share/doc/ccache/ccache-howto-freebsd.txt file on my system.  Maybe
> I should reinstall devel/ccache to see if an updated, corrected version
> appears?

The port has the DOCS option disabled by default.  I left it like that,
then couldn't find the installed file, and used the temporary version in
the port directory: work/ccache-howto-freebsd.txt

>>    .if !defined(NOCCACHE) && exists(/usr/local/libexec/ccache/world/cc)
>
> In the line above, everything before the "&&" is missing in the doc file.

Maybe you have an old version of the text file from a previous
installation, and the port is not installing a new one because of the
DOCS default setting.

>>>     And thanks, Walter, for your attention to this.
>>
>> You're welcome, Steve. :)
>
>     Oh, good grief!  I apologize most profusely for the typo, Warren.  I don't
> know why I typed that, but will chalk it up to yet another of my infamous
> posting-hours-past-my-bedtime brain farts.  Sigh. :-(

Not a problem, I thought it was funny. :)