php55 change on datetime functions?

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Wed Jan 28 08:11:46 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I just recently did an upgrade; I am now at:
FreeBSD home.parts-unknown.org 10.1-STABLE FreeBSD 10.1-STABLE #0 r277815: Tue Jan 27 16:02:25 PST 2015     root at home.parts-unknown.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

I have updated as many of my ports as I could. All of a sudden, my
Drupal site is throwing errors whenever I try to add content. It's
logging:

PDOException: SQLSTATE[22007]: Invalid datetime format: 1366 Incorrect
string value: '\xF0\x9F\x92\x9B\xF0\x9F...'

The Drupal code hasn't changed since version 7.34 came out in November
(and it's even been a while since I updated any modules).

So I'm assuming this is really a PHP thing. But I have no idea what to
do about it.

--
David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org>
See https://parts-unknown.org/node/2 if you don't understand the