pkg URL PACKAGESITE

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 14:55:07 UTC 2015

On 01/26/15 14:30, Albert Shih wrote:
> I'm running a poudriere on one server who build everything for me.
>
> I would like to create a mirror of this repository only a mirror of the
> package so, just another nginx/apache and a rsync.
>
> Is it possible to put two URL (knowning it's just a mirror) inside the pkg
> repository config ? So if one is down pkg use the other.

This is what pkg+http:// or pkg+https// style URLs and MIRROR_TYPE=SRV
are for.  You create some SRV records in the DNS which resolve to the
list of URLs you want your pkg repo to be available at.

_http._tcp.pkg.example.com IN SRV 10 10 80 pkg1.example.com
_http._tcp.pkg.example.com IN SRV 50 10 80 pkg2.example.com

Check the docco on SRV records -- you can use the 'priority' field to
direct traffic to one server primarily, and then try the other one if
the first fails.

	Cheers,

	Matthew