IPFilter & FreeBSD-10.1

Shane Ambler FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Thu Jan 22 05:25:25 UTC 2015

On 22/01/2015 10:02, Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> On Wed, January 21, 2015 3:29 am, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
>> Hi Shane,
>>
>> Where is the new syntax documented? Or I just have to 'man ipf'? I'd love
>> to see a web discussion about it, which I obviously missed.
>>
>> Is there a sort of rule converter? :-)
>>
>> Thank you for mentioning this syntax thing. Must be the one that was
>> biting
>> me on 10.1

I use ipfw myself, I read the email out of curiosity.

Personally I would clear the rules and add one at a time till I get an
error. Sounds like some people have no problem so there may only be one
small change that breaks your rules.

> I wonder if anyone knows URl of official website of ipfilter. Both project
> info on sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ipfilter/) and
> wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPFilter) point at the place
> which apparently doesn't exist so you end up getting just front page of
> the university: http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/ ...

The handbook page on ipfilter links to http://www.phildev.net/ipf/
which is only a faq page, so it looks like the man pages are the best docs.

Sourceforge could still be the place of all development, the cvs repo
has a few files that were changed 7 months ago.

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler