i915 at boot

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Wed Jan 21 00:56:22 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 05:22:58PM -0800, David Benfell wrote:

> I notice after starting Xorg, that my console font is a lot more
> reasonable and I would like for this font to be activated at boot.
> Here is the loader.conf snippet I have added:
>
> i915kms_load="YES"
> kern.vt.fb.default_mode="1366x768"
>
> But I'm still getting the oversize default font. I am running:
>
> FreeBSD n4rky.parts-unknown.org 10.1-STABLE FreeBSD 10.1-STABLE #0
> r275948: Fri Dec 19 19:42:39 PST 2014
> root at n4rky.parts-unknown.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

Looking into this further; dmesg tells me I'm missing dependencies. It
doesn't tell me what those dependencies are. And Google is not
enlightening me as to how to determine what those dependencies are.

I tried adding i915. No joy:

VT: running with driver "vga".
KLD file i915.ko is missing dependencies
KLD file i915kms.ko is missing dependencies

--
David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org>
See https://parts-unknown.org/node/2 if you don't understand the