Mergemaster with Freebsd-Update

Chris Maness chris at chrismaness.com
Mon Jan 19 19:27:46 UTC 2015

I much prefer mergemaster to the freebsd-update (diff) method of merging
configuration files.  However, the freebsd community seems to be moving in
the binary upgrade direction.  I still build from source so that I can use
mergemaster.  Where can I make a feature request to have mergemaster as an
option in a freebsd-update (binary) upgrade?

Also, is the a tool like portsnap for my source tree?  I used svn the last
time and downloaded the whole version 10.0 tree.  I think I should be able
to apply deltas only for the minor upgrade to 10.1, but google has not been
my friend here.  I know that svn has that capability like cvsup did, but I
have not been able to figure it out.

Thanks,
Chris