emulate a Xorg configuration of GNU/Linux (Fedora 21) on FreeBSD

Xavier Freebsd Questio xavierfreebsdquestio at aim.com
Sun Jan 4 16:21:00 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jan 04, 2015 at 03:35:49PM +0100, Polytropon wrote:

Hi Polytropon ,

> On Sun, 4 Jan 2015 09:26:58 -0500, Xavier Freebsd Questio via
freebsd-questions wrote:
> > I have a laptop with an Intel graphics card, but in FreeBSD, I
can't
> > get the image in the VGA external output port.
> > [...]
> > Do you have any idea about this topic? Any comments?
>
> Is this a laptop which still has keys on the keyboard
> for selecting the output (internal / internal+external /
> external), usually a key combination of "Fn" and a
> function key? If you haven't yet: Try those. :-)

I have this keyboard:

http://tinyurl.com/ltjj2a2

Of this machine:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Aspire-Notebook-C5PH-ES1/dp/B00OOP6FT2

Your refer to "Fn" F5 and F6 keys ? I try it and don't get output for
VGA external connector when I plugin it in HDMI input connector of TV.

My actual /etc/X11/xorg.conf is:

http://pastebin.com/ji5QgvE6

Any idea ?

Thanks.