TCSH completion patterns and the pkg command

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Sun Jan 4 15:40:41 UTC 2015

On Sun, 4 Jan 2015, Michael wrote:

> Warren Block wrote:
>> Some completions here, including some moderate ones for pkg:
>> http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/csh/completions
>
> Hi Warren, your completions look very interesting! Do you mind if I
> include and rework them with due credit in
>
>  https://github.com/michipili/tcshfiles
>
> It is distributed under CECILL-B, a BSD-style license.

Sure, my list is a collection anyway.  Many were collected from csh/tcsh
examples and online sources, some I wrote by myself, and some were
collaborations.  The original "make" completion that showed all
available targets was created with help from forum members.  Then
make(1) changed, and the new one made it much simpler.  Incidentally,
the completion for "make -V ", which should complete with all available
make variables, does not yet work.

The sharp-eyed will see a completion for kldreload, which does not
exist in the wild but is an alias:

   alias kldreload 'kldunload \!* && sleep 0.1 && kldload \!*'

(Used mostly for reloading the VirtualBox kernel module after a
rebuild.)

Some of these are integrated into /usr/share/examples/csh/dot.cshrc.
There are more completions in /usr/share/examples/tcsh/complete.tcsh,
too.