pkg upgrade question

Zsolt Udvari udvzsolt at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 07:50:19 UTC 2015

The ports tree and the package repository aren't equal, the ports tree is
the newer. The packages will build from ports tree on every Wednesday.

If you run "pkg upgrade" it will check the package repository, the "pkg
version" compares your installed versions and ports tree - this is the
reason of difference.
If you don't care about ports tree only the repository, please use "pkg
version -R". Check "man pkg-version" for documentation :)

Zsolt