PC-BSD single user startup with mounts.

reg at dwf.com reg at dwf.com
Thu Feb 26 23:12:17 UTC 2015

It seems I may make a career out of trying to install the nvidia304
driver on my system.

I have to date got info from this list that I should be using the
copy in ports rather than the copy from nvidia (thanks the ports version
actually builds)

But installing it is now the problem.
I need to boot in single user mode to do the install, but I need file
systems mounted to get to /usr/ports.  Its not obvious what to do
after the single user boot to get ALL the file systems mounted.
Clearly mount -a doesn't work (nothing in fstab), so here I am back
to the list asking dumb questions.

                                    Reg.Clemens
                                    clemens at dwf.com