why would I get a segmentation fault on one system but not the other?

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 23 00:15:45 UTC 2015

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 03:48:49PM -0800, David Benfell wrote:
> 0x000000080a9903e8 in hash_lookup () from
> /usr/local/lib/libc-client4.so.9

Perhaps related to https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=66313&edit=3 ?

For program crashes with binary software on what you guys call
amd64, my backup guess is that the program was compiled with a
compiler which made assumptions about sse3-related things, and in
this case that particular machine does not support that option
(I've seen that in one of the linux texlive binaries on one of my
machines - the newest, as it happens, with lots of newer shinier
options, but omitting one of the older ones).  Perhaps
 grep Features /var/run/dmesg.boot
might show a difference between the machines.

ĸen