why would I get a segmentation fault on one system but not the other?

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Sat Feb 21 22:40:13 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I am running into a segmentation fault that I don't know how to track
down. It appears on one system but not the other. It seems to afflict
both apache24 and php-fpm.

apache logs lots of segementation faults but I don't have any idea
where they're coming from.

When I try to start php-fpm it dies instantly with a segmentation
fault. I think it's one of the modules, but I don't know which one.

And I'm absolutely baffled that this occurs on one system and not the
other. Both are fairly recent FreeBSD Stable.

I do not see the segmentation faults (or at least not in such a dire
way) on:

10.1-STABLE
FreeBSD home.parts-unknown.org 10.1-STABLE FreeBSD 10.1-STABLE #0 r278923: Tue Feb 17 15:27:20 PST 2015     root at home.parts-unknown.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

I do see them on: