What's in my hard drive? How can I get rid of it?

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 18 19:07:47 UTC 2015

On 18/02/2015 17:30, Roland Smith wrote:
> HF can definitely free you of all worries about harddrives.

To be sure.  It's skin permeable and has a high affinity for calcium,
which -- amongst other effects -- tends to perturb your heart rhythm.
Enough HF, and you'll never worry about harddrives again.

If that doesn't kill you, then it will leach calcium out of your bones,
which causes the affected areas to swell up and turn comically rubbery
and results in weeks of agonizing pain.

HF is also not that strong as an acid -- less so than common or garden
HCl.  For this purpose however (dissolving lumps of technology), I'd go
with something that was also a strong oxidant viz. conc Nitric Acid.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.