What's in my hard drive? How can I get rid of it?

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 22:18:23 UTC 2015

On 02/17/2015 02:04 PM, Michael Powell wrote:
> jd1008 wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> Remove the cover. Remove the platters. Smash all platters with large sledge
> hammer until all pieces are fairly small. Melt material with oxyacetylene
> welders torch. Repeat smashing with hammer. Soak for few hours in
> hydrofluoric acid. Rinse and allow to dry. Grind material into a fine
> particulate dust. Dispose of out the back of airplane while flying or drop
> into convenient nearby volcano. That might be good enough.
>
> Send the electronic components to Kaspersky for analysis.
>
> :-)
>
> -Mike

Well, it's getting to the point where none of the of hundreds
or even thousands of millions of lines of source code of
operating systems, libraries and applications has been thoroughly
examined by very capable engineers who could discern the presence
of trojans and backdoors. So, it goes without saying that all OS'es
are infected.