Where is the source?

reg at dwf.com reg at dwf.com
Tue Feb 17 06:38:53 UTC 2015

> On Tuesday, February 17, 2015, Ben Woods <woodsb02 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Are you trying to build this from source outside of ports, or are you
> > trying to build the port x11/nvidia-driver-304?
> >
> > What is your build error?

OK, I didn't even think of ports, I went to NVIDIA, and they
pointed me at sources, which I tried compiling.  I had to get
the src tree, but with it I got the 10.1 not supported message.e

I realize I should be reading more of the FreeBSD documentation, but
was hoping to get the screen setup to my likeing before trying to read
too much.

So, first the build error:
     nv-freebsd.h:25:2: error: this driver does not support FreeBSD
10.x/-Current.

So my first question is how to get this thing out of port.
My attempt was to go to the AppCafe icon, then Browse Catagories, then X11
at that point I get the 'error' message:
    No applications in this category match the current browser view options
Now I don't know what 'browser view options' implies, but Im obviously
the wrong place.

I tried portsnqp extract / portsnap fetch, but got errors on both.

So, sorry to keep bothering you, but where do I go next?
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com