Aliased Fonts in Xombrero

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 00:25:20 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 2:52 PM, William Bulley <web at umich.edu> wrote:

> The bugzilla report shows exactly what I ran into.  :-)

That is not in dispute.

> What more (short of "piling on") should I provide?

If you don't know what information to provide, the most comprehensive
method is to run the build in a typescript w/ MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE set:

cd  /usr/ports/www/xombrero
script xombrero.build make MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=1

And post/upload the relevant bits.

Generally, +/- 20 lines from the FIRST error is what is needed to assess
why the failure is occurring.  Sometimes more info is needed like uname,
freebsd-version, arch, port options, /etc/make.conf, other installed pkgs,
how was make called, etc.

Also, a "me too" isn't harmful especially if no one else has said it.  A
"me too" is probably also desired if some period of activity has passed eg
*bump*.

A bug report with all the sufficient information has a much better chance
of being pursued than one where information needs to be teased out of the
user.

--
Adam