key Shift+Prior not working for scroll-up in xterm but in urxvt

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Feb 9 10:20:08 UTC 2015

El día Monday, February 09, 2015 a las 04:54:05AM -0500, Thomas Dickey escribió:

> > > That depends on what you want it to do (you did not say).
> >
> > I think, I said what I want: that with Mode_switch+Shift+Up/Down it does
> > scrolling in xterm as it does in uRxvt.
> >
> > I followed your hints an tried configurations in the file
> > ~/.Xdefaults-hostname:
> >
> > *VT100.translations: #override \
> > 	Shift<Key>Up:		scroll-back(1,page) \n\
> > 	Shift<Key>Down:		scroll-forw(1,page) \n\
> > 	Shift<Key>F9: string("hola")
> >
> > (the last line for F9 is only to see if the file works at all).
> >
> > With the above config it now scrolls in xterm with Shift-Up/Down. But
> > I'm unable to configure that it scrolls with Mode_switch+Shift+Up/Down
> > and I want to have this to use the same key sequence in xterm and uRxvt
> > and not always have to think where I am.
> >
> > Any idea? Thanks
>
> not immediately: my keyboard does not have a mode_switch key
> (unless I tinker with xmodmap...).

My keyboard does not has this key either; I'm using xmodmap and redefine
the so called Windows-key with:

xmodmap -e "keycode 0x40 =  Mode_switch"

If you want to test my problem, you could use this.

About the rest of your hints I have to think deeper;

Thx

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211
La referencia de la Duma a la anexión de la RDA, en este caso al contrario con la Crimlía sin