Question about "/usr/ports/archivers/unzip"

Carmel NY carmel_ny at outlook.com
Tue Dec 29 13:09:05 UTC 2015

Okay, I know that UnZip 6.0, released 20 April 2009 is quite old. So I am
hoping that someone here can assist me.

I create and receive files created by WinZip 20.0, obviously via Windows.
These files use the "zipx" format (highest compression) available under
WinZIP.

The problem is that occasionally I need to use these files on my FreeBSD
machine. Attempting to use "unzip" causes this error message to be displayed:

   skipping: ZoningPermitApplication.pdf  need PK compat. v6.3 (can do v4.6)
   skipping: WatershedApplication-ver_2.2.pdf  need PK compat. v6.3 (can do v4.6)

Obviously, the two files show above were files I was actually trying to
unzip. I don't understand what that means. I am hoping that someone can
assist me.

If there is another program that I can use on FreeBSD that will unzip these
files, I am certainly willing to try that route instead. I heard
that "archivers/peazip" might be what I want. Has anyone used it before?

--
Thanks

Carmel