remove all installed packages

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Dec 29 05:23:18 UTC 2015

On Tue, 29 Dec 2015 08:00:50 +0800, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 21:28:33 +0100
> Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:
>
> > El día Tuesday, December 08, 2015 a las 02:25:55PM -0600, Adam Vande
> > More escribió:
> >
> > > Much depends on what is exactly installed but in general that looks
> > > like a pretty terrible idea.  If you're willing to going that far,
> > > just recreate the whole system.
> > >
> > > Otherwise pkg delete -a
> >
> > At the end of the day, I used this 'pkg delete -a', followed by an
> > additional
> >
> > # pkg delete -f pkg
> >
> did you take a look at /use/local?
>
> It should be empty if you did not install own software.

If I remember correctly, the system installer does create some
directory structure in /usr/local, so it won't be entirely empty
when the OS has been installed; /etc/mtree/BSD.local.dist should
give some information. This file is also handy for preparing a
new ports installation "from scratch" when /usr/local has been
entirely deleted manually.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany