FreeBSD jail running a Debian or Centos distro

Ricky G ricky1252 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 25 02:57:09 UTC 2015

 This is something I actually worked on quite a bit, and it IS possible. Have had both a centos, and debian jail running and usable. There are many missing ABI calls to the kernel and it causes many programs to not work properly. If your still interested this is a good guide for debian for the most part, but a bit out of date. Keep that in mind when following it. Also, I couldn't upgrade to jessie, but wheezy appears to run ok.

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/install-debian-gnu-linux-using-debootstrap-on-a-freebsd-jail-with-zfs.41470/

 Can't remember how to do centos. It must be much easier than the debian if I can't remember. =]

Good luck!Ricky