Unzip utility choice decision

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 06:57:41 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 11:56 PM, Dangling Pointer <
danglingpointer at outlook.com> wrote:

> Those options are not contradictory with `pkg install unzip` version. That
> -uoq combination is an advance usage which save us from a race condition.
> What I am really saying is:
> There is a universally known unzip utility which offers many options and
> then there is FreeBSD version of unzip with less options. That makes no
> sense to me.

What makes no sense to me is why you cannot use one of that standard
methods of dealing with base vs pkg conflicts which everyone else does.

> Why would you want to have a separate unzip utility?

There are several reasons for this and they are all very logical and
appreciated by the community at large.  This is partially explained in the
man page if you can be bothered to read it.

--
Adam