FYI: Dell Entry Level Server Hardware

markham breitbach markhamb at corp.ssimicro.com
Tue Dec 22 18:49:02 UTC 2015

I have many of these deployed in remote PoP locations under *ahem* less
than optimal conditions.  Still running FreeBSD 8 on them, but we are in
the final testing phases of our 10 deployment.  Depending on the model,
they have different RAID controllers, and  IIRC it was a bit of a trick
to get the MRSAS driver bootstrapped, but otherwise works great.  Noise
was never a big concern as these as these are in remote locations, but
they have been really solid machines under terrible conditions.

-M