FreeBSD IRC channel access?

Robert Sevat robert at indylix.nl
Mon Dec 14 12:29:24 UTC 2015

Hey Dave,

You do not need a password to join #freebsd on freenode. You do however
need to be identified with NickServ to be able to join the channel,
otherwise you get the following error message:

"[23:21:35] * #freebsd: Cannot join channel (+r) - you need to be
identified with services"

So register your nick name:

"/msg nickserv register $password $e-mail"

And then identify your self:

"/msg nickserv identify $password"

You should now be able to join #freebsd. If you can't figure out how to
register a user name, join #freenode, they will be able to assist you
with this. Good luck.

Kind Regards,
Robert Sevat