freebsd-update editor choice

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sun Dec 13 19:16:49 UTC 2015

El día Sunday, December 13, 2015 a las 08:42:30PM +0200, Anton Sayetsky escribió:

> 13 дек. 2015 г. 20:39 пользователь "Gene" <fbsd at brightstar.bomgardner.net>
> написал:
> >

> > Hi -
> >
> > I'm using freebsd-update to update my 10.1 system to 10.2. When merging
> files,
> > it insists on using the 'vi' editor. I really, really, REALLY, despise
> vi. Is
> > there a way to get it to use another editor?
> I hope that you don't want to use some editor for noobs, like ee. Solution
> to your problem is setting EDITOR environment variable.

What about 'ed'? Or even better:

//IEBUPDTE EXEC PGM=IEBUPDTE,PARM=NEW
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=A
//SYSUT2 DD DISP=(NEW,CATLG),DSN=KC03H11.NEW22.PDS,
// SPACE=(CYL,(5,5,5),RLSE),
// RECFM=FB,LRECL=80,BLKSIZE=0
//SYSIN DD *
Hello World
/*
//

(I was used to it in the 80' of the last century)

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, 🌐 http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045