best practice for locking down private jail?

Aleksandr Miroslav alexmiroslav at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 19:34:00 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 7:02 AM, Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org> wrote:
> > I think the cron job isn't needed. Create a directory outside the jails
> > and mount it as nullfs and 'rw' into the upload jail and 'ro' into the
> > web server jail. We do this on a zfs basis.
>
> That works of course, but loses the opportunity to verify the files
> before putting them online.

Exactly. The situation I'm trying to avoid is where someone compromises the key
and credentials of the uploader and is able to accesses the "upload"
jail. If I sanitize
the files before copying them to the "web" jail, just about the only
thing they will be
able to do is put up audio files of the form lecture-001.mp3,
lecture-002.mp3, and so one.